Just a few kilometres from the bustling city of Barcelona in the region of Alt Penedes lies the stunning farmhouse of Masia Can Trabal Alt. This beautiful building is an original farmhouse, built in the 19th century, and this can be seem in the many architectural elements the house holds. The stunning façade of the building is made up of warm, natural stone, and this rustic style continues into the house’s interior. It can accommodate up to 10 guests, making it ideal for a family gathering or for a group of friends.
The exterior of the property is secluded and private, encased within brick walls you have your own little spot of peace and tranquillity. The garden has a private pool, perfect for cooling off in the summer months, as well as BBQ area with a dining table for alfresco dining.
Stepping inside you’ll be greeted by a beamed ceiling living area. These feature beams create a truly authentic farmhouse feel, accentuated by the carefully chosen wooden furnishing and contrasting contemporary lighting. There are plenty of seating areas in this space, providing room for everyone to relax and enjoy each other’s company. The kitchen is also a great communal space, decorated in warming, bright colours to help bring the outside in. The large dining table provides a space for all guests to have a meal together, and the breakfast bar can be used for more casual dining. The kitchen space is large and is equipped with everything you will need for a comfortable stay. There is also a second living area on the second floor.
Masia Can Trabal Alt has 5 large bedrooms, 4 of which are double for couples or friend and then a children’s room, complete with bunk beds. Each of the bedrooms have plush, comfortable beds, plenty of storage space and tasteful decorations, all in keeping with the rustic charm of the farmhouse. Each room is different, catering for a range of guess and preferences.
The house has a great location just a short drive away from the touristic yet authentic Barcelona and the beautiful sandy beaches of Sitges. Plus, it is just 7 minutes from Vilafranca del Penedes, which will cater for all your wine needs. Even more beneficial is the fact that is only 25km from Barcelona-El Prat Airport. This unique location between both sea and vineyards make it an ideal spot for a vacation, where you can enjoy the quiet charm of Spanish countryside while still being in easy reach of the water.
Catalunya Casas specializes in rentals of carefully managed family villas by hand (with pool and garden!) In Mallorca, Ibiza and the Barcelona area. Our vacation rentals are close enough to the tourist ‘mecas’ to enjoy all the benefits that these areas have to offer, but far enough from the beaten track where our guests have the opportunity to enjoy and experience the real Catalonia / Spain.
Keep in mind that we offer a variety of optional services for your comfort and enjoyment of the holidays. Here are some options that can be reserved for an additional fee after confirming your reservation:
In-villa catering (paella, tapas, Spanish barbecue)
In-villa tastings of local cheeses, wines, cavas, chocolate, deli meats
Towels and linens (these are not included in your reservation fee and are charged at 10 euros per person per linens set, and 5 euros per person per set of towels)
Early check-in: 20 euros per hour before 17h (for stays of over 3 nights)
Late check-out: 20 euros per hour after 10h (for stays of over 3 nights)
Excursions / tours
Air conditioning units / heating (if available).
Baby cot / high chair
Welcome pack (full of delicious local products)
Please, feel free to ask for more information about any of the above!
* Tourism tax: 0.90 euros per person over 16 years old, per night.
* Portable air conditioning and heating are available for this property for an additional fee. Please, ask for more information.
* Pets are allowed with previous authorization of the owner for an extra cost of 100 euros per pet and per week.
* Groups of people under 25 years old are not allowed.
COVID-19 Cleaning Policy Update:
1) Our housekeeping teams have received specialised training in Covid-19 cleaning requirements. Before and after each villa rental, we have enhanced our cleaning processes as per the World Health Organisation (WHO) guidelines. All zones of each property, including high contact areas such as door knobs and handles, faucets, and switches are first cleaned and then disinfected with bleach based cleaning products. Disinfectants are left to soak for at least 10 minutes to receive full sanitizing benefits.
2) Cleaning time allowances have been extended to accommodate the above.
3) We have allocated a minimum of 24 hours between check-outs and new check-ins.
4) Our properties are accessed through a keybox so there is no face to face arrival contact. Keys are disinfected after every stay.
5) All of our towels and linens are professionally supplied and Covid-19 cleaned by Elis (elis.com), an international textile, hygiene and facilities service with activities in 28 countries across Europe and Latin America.
6) All beds and pillows have protective covers.
7) All of our maintenance and cleaning staff are required to wear masks when entering the property for any reason.
8) Cushions, decorative and throw blankets have been boxed in all properties until further notice.
9) We provide hand disinfectant for each property.